SC DONAU CHEM SRL
In 2004 VIROMET SA took over the former production plant, Tutnu Magurele, which had been non-operational for two years. Through systematic upgrade and revamping it is now an important manufacturer of ammonia and of the entire range of chemical fertilisers: urea, ammonia nitrogen, calcium ammonium nitrate, complex and liquid fertilisers, and operates under the name of SC DONAU CHEM SRL.
Currently, SC DONAU CHEM SRL activity currently consists of:
- 330.000 tones/year of ammonia under KELLOGG licence
- 462.000 tones/year of urea under STAMICARBON licence
- 280.000 tones/year of ammonium nitrate under GIAP-KALTENBACH licence
- 100.000 tones P205 /year of complex N.P.-N.P.K. fertilisers under NORSK-HYDRO licence
- 627.000 tones/year of liquid fertiliser
Today, SC DONAU CHEM SRL is one of the largest and most influential Romanian chemical fertiliser manufacturers and benefits from its geographical position on the Danube river, giving direct access to the Black Sea and Central Europe to the North.
SC DONAU CHEM SRL makes available to its customers a wide range of products:
|Product||Technical details||Quantity to/year|
|Nitric acid||Min. 60% N||247.000|
|Prilled ammonium nitrate||Min. 33,5 % N||280.000|
|Urea||Min. 46% N||462.000|
|Complex NPK fertilisers||Various sorts||100.000|
|Liquid fertilisers||Min. 32% N||627.000|